Leaky Carbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaky Carbs

Hey Guys & Gals, just got my 81 GS 1100 finished after a long refurbishing process. The thing is that when I started it up, it started leaking gas from the # 3&4 carbs. Now I can understand it leaking from a bad petcock diaphram or a stuck float when it isn't running but this leaking while running has me stumped. Any ideas? I realize I'm probably going to have to pull the carbs to fix the problem , but what are some of the things I should check first to speed things along. Or are there any quick fixes that I might be able to do that would eliminate pulling the rack out again. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,
    Doze.

Doze this one is simple, the needle is not seating into the seat correctly and therefore not stopping fuel flow.
    Dink

Comment

Walla I must agree with Duncan Don

Comment

Thanks for the insight guys. Damn I didn't want to have to pull things again. Walla quess I'd better get started. Cute Dom.
        Doze.

Comment

Check the o-rings on the float seats too. They have a tendency to dry out. Especially if carb cleaner was sprayed through them. Carb cleaner is pretty harsh when it comes to rubber parts.

Comment

Working...
          X