Tank Problems HELP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tank Problems HELP!!!

I have a 1980 1100E and last summer coated my tank with kreem. It started peeling so I tryed to strip it and reseal it with PRO-15 Heavy Duty Striper and Tank Sealer but it would not strip off the old Kreem. Now I am left with a very screwed up tank. The Kreem came off in small sheets and no mater how hard I tried I could not get it off and out. Now my tank is un-useable and I do not know where to turn. Can anyone help?

Greg

I Know it can be striped or sand blasted.

Im not sure who does the sand blasting. You would have to find someone who has done that before. Have you tried finding out the recomended chemical from kreem for removing it. I think its keytone or something. could be acetone.

Comment

I just spoke with the POR-15 people and they said that Acetone will take the rest of the Kreem off. Thanks for your help!

Greg

Comment

Leave it set

8) Be sure to be patient and leave the acetone (straight up no dilution) for 3 to 7 days. Let it rip up that kreem. If that kreem peeled on you than there is no way you followed the directions properly. I am sorry if that sounds harsh but I have kreemed 5 tanks and none of them have ever peeled. You must let that first step etch the tank for atleast 5 days. The second step using water to rinse tank is important and then the chemical that gets rid of all water. DO NOT AIR DRY after using water displacement chemical. Start pouring in kreem and swash it around tank real good. Let sit for atleast 5 days with cap off. Anyway... Good luck with stripping tank.

Louie

Comment

Working...
        X