1981 GS550t R/R, Stator Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1981 GS550t R/R, Stator Question

Have started following the trouble-shooting chart in the Stator Papers. I believe that my R/R is shot and am starting to look around to try and find the best price on the Electrex replacement parts (still haven't gotten to checking the Stator yet due to another problem but will be doing that shortly). I have looked on www.denniskirk.com and done the search for the parts for this year and model cycle. The only R/R and stators it shows for this model are "Ricks" Yet when searching for other GS550 models from that year it returns both "Ricks" as well as Electrex. My question is will the Electrex models that are matches for these other model bikes work with my GS550t?

Best thing to do is check directly with Electrex Site for cross ref info. You can get there from the links page, click on the Electrex Banner.

Comment

Have Done that

Electrex doesn't even list the GS550t anywhere on their pages.

Comment

A friend of mine who as a Honda was to cheep to buy a new electronic gaget for his bike so what he did was use a torch to CARFULY heat up that plastic seal on the back of the electronics. he told me that when he got the stuff hot it just peeled off clean. He then replaced the diods in the thing. It works fine. I have the same problom bad R/R, I'm doing it tonight. i'll try to let you know how it went. The thing that gets me is there is only a couple of parts in there and Suzuki wants you to put tons of cash into there pockets for what? 1.50 in parts?

Comment

You can

You can go ahead and try those ideas if you wish but the best money I spent in the last 3 years was to buy a R/R from electrex. I bought my Dyna 3 ignition from them the same day. I love it !! There R/R os some heavy duty stuff.

Louie

Comment

The torch thing didnt work. To bad

Comment

Working...
            X