Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fork/headstock alignment

Hi Guys

Noticed that when my handlebars are central the front wheel is not faced straight forward it is facing to the right. I have changed the handlebars, thinking initially that was the problem but it is still the same any ideas please.

There are lower and upper pinch bolts which hold the forks from moving. Loosen them and align everything then snug the bolts again. It probably was nudged, dropped or hit a curb or pothole.

Comment

Got this note from another post ..

"Check your fork alignment (I use a 6" piece of plate glass against the fork tubes), and rack the forks as necessary to get it straight. (You may want to loosen the lower fork clamps to get this done) Tighten the fork upper clamps (and lower if necessary)."

Mike

Comment

Seems to me that you would have loosen the nut that holds the steering head to the steering set.

I surprised that you didn't first notice the alignment problem while the bike was moving. The steering head or bars should have been slightly left while steering straight forward.

Comment

Hi there

Thank you for the responses. It is certainly the case when riding that the handlebars are to the left when the wheel is in a straight line.

Comment

Thank you for the reply. Would you be able to explain please step by step how I setup with the glass please.

Comment

Originally posted by NitroGS View Post
              Thank you for the reply. Would you be able to explain please step by step how I setup with the glass please.
              I assume that the glass is laid on the forks and then you see if it lays flat or rocks. If the bottom of one fork is ahead of the the other fork the plate will rock. I would also think that you have to remove the outer (lower) tubes so that you can us a large enough sheet of glass.

Comment

Check fork alignment.

Try this link for explanation.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                X