Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear Brake routing & Shock mount question

OK Couple of questions.

1) The rear brake hose, on a 1983 Suzuki GS850GLD does it run through the shock mount under the shock, behind it, or in front of it? I cant remember

2) The shocks I got were a little wide at the eyes so on the right I bent the bracket open a wee bit slid a 7/16th bolt through from wheel out and put a chrome acorn nut on it. Looks good, solid. But any issues I should worry about?

Originally posted by mortation View Post
    OK Couple of questions.

1) The rear brake hose, on a 1983 Suzuki GS850GLD does it run through the shock mount under the shock, behind it, or in front of it? I cant remember

2) The shocks I got were a little wide at the eyes so on the right I bent the bracket open a wee bit slid a 7/16th bolt through from wheel out and put a chrome acorn nut on it. Looks good, solid. But any issues I should worry about?
    Here's a pic of mine on my 1000... it should be the same. Runit behind the shock. Your mount should be fine I would think.

85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
    79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Perfect thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by mortation View Post
        Perfect thanks!
        No problem! Everyone thinks I'm a bit picture-happy... but they do come in handy sometimes! :-D
        85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
        79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Oh and just a general note, a 7/16 x 14 chrome acorn nut will rethread to fit a 10mm 1.25 as easy as bolting it on. I tested the bolt with the correct nut to make sure it wasnt the bolt that got rethreaded.

Comment

Working...
          X