Exhaust parts, OEM Fiche???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust parts, OEM Fiche???

I went to the OEM places to find the price of new exhaust headers for an 83 850GL. Oddly everything is under muffler not exhaust. More oddly there is no part number for the left or right header just the two center headers!

I checked flatoutmotorcycles.com and alpha-sports because flat out doesnt list parts no longer available. But the parts arnt even numbered in the picture!

Is there another place to look for those headers???

Same deal. No part number for the left and right header. Must have been all one piece sold with the muffler at $216 a pop lol. That sucks.

Comment

Sadly, if there is no part # on the drawing and no mention of it in the ordering section - that means the parts are no longer available.

The pipes for my 85 GS700 are the same way - and I REALLY need to replace the exhaust system before the head pipes rust thru.

Comment

the outer header pipes (1&4) are welded to the muffler and no available separately.
        if you are wanting to cut the old one from the muffler you should be able to just order the middle two and use them in their place, as the angle and bend is the same.

Comment

Focus nailed it, the outside headers are one peice with the muffler. Only the inside headers separate from the crossover and the mufflers.

Comment

Originally posted by Clone View Post
            Focus nailed it, the outside headers are one peice with the muffler. Only the inside headers separate from the crossover and the mufflers.
            Exactly. Look again at the image below. You want parts 16 and 17.

Comment

Working...
            X