Dyna coils for GS1100G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dyna coils for GS1100G

Hi, can anyone help point me in the right direction; I have a gs1100g (1982) with standard original ignition parts. One of the coil's has just gone bad on me and I'm looking into (or trying to :???: ) fitting Dyna ignition coils (and in time a full Dyna ignition system, can't afford the hole shebang right now ) but I'm not getting very far with it as I can't find out which one's I should be fitting as there is different ohm value's and I'm not getting much help with the shop's as all they say is "can't find a reference to your bike or you'll need a complete system".

Is it feasible to do what I want to do, fit Dyna coils and leads now, but which one's :?, and fit the other parts later when I can afford them.
    I will appreciate any help anybody can give me.
    Thanks Colin.

You need the green 3 Ohm Dyna coils. If you're planning on running a Dyna S Ignition in the future, do not buy the mini-coils. Z1 Enterprises has them. Take a look: http://www.z1enterprises.com/detail.aspx?ID=210

They mount up perfectly too. I've run them on my '80 GS1000G and now my '80 GS1100ET. Don't forget to buy the set of 8mm wires too. They're not hard to put together. Just make sure to measure your lengths twice and cut once. :-D

Comment

Thanks for the info I'll look them up tomorrow.
      Will be ok to run these coils and leads on the standared ignition system.
      Last edited by Guest; 08-14-2007, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Yup. No problem.

Comment

Working...
        X