Rear shocks-Quick question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear shocks-Quick question

My rear shocks bottomed out on me the other day. Will cranking up the preload help this to not happen?

Rj

Did a little research got my answer. I think it's time for some new springs.

Comment

cranking up the preload will help with bottoming out. but at the same time your shocks are probly shot, they were pretty bad from the factory so give them 20 years and they are probably worse now. New springs will help with bottoming out but if your dampning is toast then you just made a nice po go stick for yourself.

for the time being crank up the preload as high as it goes and enjoy the bike.
      78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
      82 Kat 1000 Project
      05 CRF450x
      10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

Bite the bullet RJ. Youll be glad you did. To bad those piggy backs are still on the back burner.

82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Thanks Bro's. If I'm keeping the bike I'll end up buying new shocks and springs. For right now I'm jacking up the preload on her. Thinking about a new Bandit 1250 next spring.

Rj

Comment

Okay guys, here's the deal. I cranked the preload up two notches before I left work this morning. It was all the way down at the bottom to start with. Felt much better.

Comment

Working...
            X