gsxr1100 exhaust on a 1983 GS1100E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gsxr1100 exhaust on a 1983 GS1100E

does anyone know if aftermarket gsxr1100 exhaust will fit on my 1983 gs1100e???? as you are all aware it is hard to find any exhaust for these bikes!!!!!!

you could probably make it fit but thats alot of cutting ,bending and rewelding. The flanges for the exhaust ports need mods(probably cutting and using the old exhaust flanges) and then checking pipe spread between cylinders(are they the same?). Gsxr's are pretty short comparatively especially the first gen's(85 to 88's)so there may be underchassis clearance problems. Why not a Vance ?
    Last edited by Guest; 08-15-2007, 07:33 PM.

Comment

ive never been a big fan of megaphone systems.. dont like the way they look i guess.. its a sporty bike so they should have sporty looking exhaust.. back in the day my buddy had one with a V&H supersport canister and it looked and sounded awesome!! if I could find one of those i would be set...

Comment

They fit the '83 and up 700/750 models if they are air cooled GSXR. Spacing should be the same as yours but the GSXR has a smaller port, same as the 700/750. One guy dealt with it by machining up some collars that fit in the port to make up the difference.

Comment

Working...
        X