small lightweight BATTERY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

small lightweight BATTERY

A humble question for the braintrust that is the GSresources.

What is the smallest lightest battery I can run on my GS 550. I run it everyday. Another thought was a gel cell type battery that can be mounted sideways perhaps.

I would suppose any 12 volt battery with enough oomph to turn the motor would work ok. Whats the deal on finding the smallest lightest battery anyway? You would probably only save a pound or a pound and 1/2 at best.

Comment

The bulk of the battery and position is more important than the actual wt.
      I am looking at some custom work with the rear. I might want to relocate the battery. I would like a gel battery so I can lean it over or mount it sideways just dont know who would make one for a bike. I thought some1 might be able to at least give me an idea of where to look.

Comment

If my memory serves me correctly, Hawker Eternacell (they make military and aerospace batteries) has a line of dry cell motorcycle batteries called Odyssey. If you do a Google search I am sure you will find something.

Good luck.

Comment

Most of the newer bikes are using gel cells
          LxWxH YTX9- BS 6x3 7/16x4 3/16 8ah 240 cca $49.99
          97-02 GSX R600
          maintance free use in any position available at
          Explore JC Whitney for premium auto parts & accessories, dive into car culture, & stay updated with the latest automotive events & tech trends

Comment

Working...
          X