Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1980 GS850 left controls wiring harness the same as other years?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1980 GS850 left controls wiring harness the same as other years?

so if you have an 80 850, you may know this one

wasn't the 80 the ONLY year they used that stupid four way switch for the blinkers and the hi/low beams? well I broke it "fixing" it, or the PO did cause I've never seen it work, but especially after I "fixed" it...

so I want to know can I plug and play with another years lefthand controls? if I can plug them right into the loom from any bike or year, wow, wouldn't that be sweet! [-o<

Good chance others will fit. It mostly depends on the connectors matching as well as the pin-out.

Check part numbers from various years here:

Buy parts at a low price for your snowmobile here at Alpha Sports, we carry a LARGE variety of parts and accesories.

Comment

it looks like most other ones have the same twelve pin connector on ebay, I can swap wires if I have to in the connector, so I guess I'll just buy one and make it work. (also checking my 850 for the connector wouldn't hurt, eh?)

thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by snowbeard View Post
        ... (also checking my 850 for the connector wouldn't hurt, eh?)...
        Now that's using your noggin!

Comment

You can make almost any switch work with some wiring changes

Comment

Due to ongoing problems in the same switch, I morphed a switch from my free '78 Goldwing onto my '80 GS850GLT. It took a while, but now I have a trouble free signal, horn and HI/LOW beam switch....(even thought it did come from a donor Honda):-D\\/

Comment

Working...
            X