Flashers not flashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flashers not flashing

I had to change out my Windjammer V fairing and rear turn signals and now they won't flash. I was reading up on the Turn Signal Load Equalizers but really can't tell if that is my problem or what. I assume it had something to do with the different ampere ratings of the OEM's and the new smaller incandescent bulbs, and I am sure it wasn't just coincidental that when I took those two things off the signal generator went bad. I was looking at the "Kuryakyn Load Equalizer for Electronic Flasher Units" on DennisKirk.com and was wondering if anyone else had this problem or recommended what to do.

Did your bike have a PO who messed with the wiring?

Comment

What do you mean PO? I am a little new to all this.

Comment

did you use LED's or some such type ?? You would need an electronic flasher

Comment

PO = Previous owner.
          Can't help you with your problem because I didn't do the wiring.
          1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
          1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Done

Yeah, it was that Load Equalizer I was talking about. I didn't use LED's but I did use smaller incandescent bulbs that didn't draw as much. I used the Krukayan(or whatever) 4 Ohm equalizer. It's mounted right underneath the seat. it works great now. Thanks for all the replies.

Comment

Working...
            X