Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front End Bounce

Okay guys, tell me what the problem is.

I've noticed lately that I have a bounce in the front end of the bike. The tires are good, pressure where it should be, and there is no leak in the fork seals.

I have noticed that it has been worse since the temps have shot up. Averaging 90 - 100 here for the past 2 weeks (as it is everwhere else I know).

Any suggestions or thoughts?

Is this when You are Cornering or does it happen when going straight?
    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Most likely a balance or wear issue. Sometimes the weights will loosen up and spin around the wheel until something stops them.

Comment

Originally posted by girlie_rider View Post
        I have noticed that it has been worse since the temps have shot up. Averaging 90 - 100 here for the past 2 weeks (as it is everwhere else I know).

Are you sure its not the road ? Asphalt will buckle when it gets really hot.
        Last edited by bonanzadave; 08-16-2007, 11:26 PM.
        82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Happens both straight and cornering, but seems to be less when cornering.

And doubt it's the asphalt. It's no matter where I ride.

Comment

how old is your fork oil? are you seals shot, sometimes the seal get so bad all fork oil leaks out and then you have no dampening left.

i would flush the forks and add some 15wt fork oil see if that helps.
            78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
            82 Kat 1000 Project
            05 CRF450x
            10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

Working...
            X