Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At work...Need info real quick.

Hey yall,

Don't have book in front of me cause I am at work. I need to know the piston size for the front calipers on a 1977 to 1979 GS750. Friend thinks its 36 to 38 mm. Lemme know. Thanks.

Louie

Send email to work if you get info. lehmanll@navair.navy.mil.

Hey Agee,

Should be the same, I believe...........the piston on the front caliper of my GS850 is 37.4mm O.D. (1.473"). how "deep" it is, I don't know, kinda hard to measure it without popping it out of the caliper, ain't it....
    Frosty (falsely accused of "Thread-Hijacking"!)
    "Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."

Owner of:
    1982 GS1100E
    1995 Triumph Daytona 1200

Comment

Re: At work...Need info real quick.

I just went to the shop and measured a set of front brake pads for my 79 GS750E with calipers. They are 50mm diameter and 10.3mm thick.

Earl

Originally posted by ageekapc
      Hey yall,

Don't have book in front of me cause I am at work. I need to know the piston size for the front calipers on a 1977 to 1979 GS750. Friend thinks its 36 to 38 mm. Lemme know. Thanks.

Louie

Send email to work if you get info. lehmanll@navair.navy.mil.
      Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Thanks Earl but ummmm silly head. I need the piston size. Purty please.

Louie

Comment

Oops. sorry. :-) At work right now, so will have to get back to you on that this evening.

Earl

Louie

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Its all good. Talk at ya later.

Louie

Comment

38 mm is the piston size. My bike has a single front disk brake. I dont know if the dual front disks for the 79 are the same.

Earl

Louie

Comment

Working...
              X