No announcement yet.

baffling sound!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a reply Snowbeard, thanks! Those pictures are exactly what I needed to understand what's going on inside that chrome. It seems strange the pipes are not designed to seperate at the flange/cone... Too bad for me.

Checking the heat shield nuts is a great idea. My left pipe had makeshift screws put in by the PO which I replaced, but I have not removed the right/buzzing side to check it out because it seemed solid, though I do know that the bolts are rusted.

Thanks for the exhaust-purchase-facilitation-offer. If I can't get to the bottom of this, I'll be looking around locally for a set - if I can't find it around, I'll be knocking on your door.

Comment

I've noticed by doing a search for 'buzzing' that there to be a number of riders experiencing this at exactly the same rpm range that I am (3.5K)

I also remember reading (somewhere around here) that the timing advances at exactly this number, which makes me wonder if the buzzing I'm hearing in the exhaust is actually a problem with valves or timing or who-knows-what up in the engine...

Comment

Solved!!! Major kudos to First Timer who generously spent time with me last Saturday and fixed (among other things) my annoying buzzing problem. Turns out it was the tail piece vibrating on the mounting bolts. I could have sworn it was coming from the exhaust. A couple minutes with a cut-off disc and I was buzz free.

Thanks again First Timer.

Comment

Working...
        X