Teat Drop O Ring misfit (Versah)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teat Drop O Ring misfit (Versah)

My tear drop o ring on the base gasket dosent fit. It is too big to seat. Can you use a normal round one that fits? The fische shows a round o ring? Do I have to order SUZI parts for these?

The bike is a 1980 GS1000G. The versah kit is 352, but should be 3040 upon investigation. I got it from Jeff @ Z1 hoping it would be right, arrgh.
    Last edited by Guest; 08-17-2007, 12:21 PM.

The Suzuki part is a pear shape -- I don't know why the fiche shows that it is round.

The o-ring is the same part number on the GS850G. I've used three or four Vesrah GS850 kits, and had no problems with this o-ring. In fact, it just sits in the cavity a little loose, then you put the cylinder on and it compresses the o-ring. No leaks or problems in my experience.

Are you sure you got a gasket kit for a shaftie (GS1000G) and not the 16 valve chain drive model (GS1000E)? How many valve stem seals are in the kit?
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

wrong kit

yeah the kit is for the old 8V 1000, 78-80, chain drive.

anyway the tear drop def does not fit, now im stuck waiting for the SUZI one, arrgh.

Can you forsee anyother issues with the kit? Everything else looks OK, except the clutch cover gasket, which i had an OEM one laying around.

Comment

Looking at Z1's site, they don't list a gasket kit for the 1980 GS1000G, but they do list one for the 1980 GS1000E. If this is the one you ordered, it is incorrect -- the Suzuki pear-shaped o-ring has a different part number on the two models.

However, it does appear that the 1980 GS1000E engine was an 8-valve design, not a 16 valve as I thought, so many of the parts in the kit are the same on the shaftie. For example, the cylinder head gasket is the same part number on the chain and shaftie bikes.
        Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

I don't have direct experience with either of these 1000 models (I'm an 850 man, you know), but you can compare part numbers at any of the fiche sites. Alpha-Sports' site is probably easiest for this purpose, although their parts prices are insanely high.

Buy parts at a low price for your snowmobile here at Alpha Sports, we carry a LARGE variety of parts and accesories.

If you do need a few odds and ends, BikeBandit.com is probably the fastest way to get them. Even if you have to buy some gaskets, buying the Vesrah kit for the 1000E and then filling in the gaps is still the least expensive way to get the stuff you need.
          Eat more venison.

Comment

I ordered the cyliner # 2 o-rings. No point risking a pressure leak on the oil galleys to the head. Thanks for the help!

Comment

I had a friend with a ring in his teat. Seemed like a painful procedure. You sure you want this?

Comment

Originally posted by t3rmin View Post
                I had a friend with a ring in his teat. Seemed like a painful procedure. You sure you want this?
                You and your friend are sick! I bet that wasn't a vesrah ring either. It may have caused a few tear drops though!
                The road to hell is paved with good intentions......................................

GS 850GN JE 894 10.5-1 pistons, Barnett Clutch, C-W 4-1, B-B MPD Ignition, Progressive suspension, Sport Demons. Sold
                GS 850GT JE 1023 11-1 pistons. Sold
                GS1150ES3 stock, V&H 4-1. Sold
                GS1100GD, future resto project. Sold

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s...s/P1000001.jpg
                http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s...s/P1000581.jpg

Comment

Working...
                X