Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VIN problem. 9th character rubbed off. can't register!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resolution...

I made my appointment at the CHP on Tuesday. I sat around and waited for over an hour while one of the officers did his investigation. According to the paperwork he gave me, he checked the vehicle in the NCIB and NCIC (databases of stolen property, etc.) and found it to be clean.

I now have a shiny new VIN plate riveted over the stamped VIN, and yes the missing character is a 5 (as we all knew by now). I just have to go to the DMV to get the new VIN in the system and I'm good to go.

This is a lot of trouble for a dinky little motorbike...

I'll post a picture and link it to this thread for posterity.

-Matt

Comment

Alls well that ends well.:-D

Comment

Originally posted by Calvin Blackmore View Post
        If your brave maybe try this:

I thought it only worked in the movies. May work on a bike fram as well as a gun. Metals would be quite diffrerent but yah have little to lose.
        This procedure requires using concentrated hydroflouric acid (HF). DO NOT UNDER ANY CONDITIONS CONSIDER USING CONCENTRATED HYDRFLOURIC ACID UNLESS YOU HAVE AT LEAST A B.S. IN CHEMISTRY AND HAVE BEEN FULLY TRAINED IN ITS USE. HF is more dangerous than most explosives. Improper use can easily kill you, and it will be slow, ugly, and exceedingly painful.
        sigpic[Tom]

“The greatest service this country could render the rest of the world would be to put its own house in order and to make of American civilization an example of decency, humanity, and societal success from which others could derive whatever they might find useful to their own purposes.” George Kennan

Comment

Working...
        X