Chain Lube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chain Lube

I know this has probably come up before, and there are probably as many answers as there are products, but I will ask anyway. What is the best brand of chain lube to use for my gs 750 L which has a 630 O ring chain?

Greg O

I use Maxima Gold Chain Wax weekly and it seems to do a good job and doesn't attract dust like lube did.

Comment

I have used Honda's chain lube, and seems to work pretty well, just wondered if there might be something better.

Greg O

Comment

Chain Wax!!!!\\/
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Probably the best (and most time consuming) way to oil a chain is with EP Hypoid gear lube run across each o-ring. This is the way all the bike manufacturers say to lube the chain. It takes me about 30min to do it this way, so I tend to alternate between the oil and a spray on lube. I've used the Optima Chain wax and it is a good product, but I've probably used at least a dozen different brands over the years and can't say anyone stood out as the ultimate lube.

As always, it's best to lube the chain when it is warm from riding.

Comment

I like the Maxima chain wax, read & go by the directions on the can.
            1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Working...
            X