Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS700es/GSX750ef info?

Hi all!

I have used this forum for a while to look for answers, but this would be my first post here.

I was wondering if anyone had any more info on the GS700es or its ROW cousin, the GSX750ef. I just got my 700/750 frankenbike back on the road, but I'd like to know more about it. Tech sheets, factory manuals, anything! I've already been to All Suzuki Cycles, and though it has helped me figure out what I had, that's about it, save for some basic engine specs.

Also, to the gs700 guys out there, what tire sizes can I run on the factory rims? I read the post about 954rr triples and GSXR rear wheels, but I'm nearly broke (thanks to my bike) and can only afford new tires right now.

thanx in advance--and thanx to this site!

There's a 130 on mine and it's *almost* rubbing the brake stay. It's plenty big enough for traction and looks. The bike handles like a dream.

QuaiChangKane was offering some scanned articles with specs and such. Find that thread and send him a PM. It's still a work in progress AFAIK.

Comment

Oh, and welcome to the forums!

Comment

Also running a 130 in the back... works great

Comment

I can send you a service manual and owners manual if you give me your email address...

Comment

You can get a copy of the manual here:

As far as tires go, I run a 120/80V16 on the front and a 130/90V17 on the rear. The rear is a pretty tight fit this way, but the handling in this configuration is far superior to the stock tires - no twitchiness in the turns, it just stays where you put it. :-D

Comment

nicholaschase29, thanks for the service manuals, the wiring diagram alone is priceless to me. Thanks to everyone for the suggestions on tire sizes--i will go with 120/80-16 and 130/90-17, and see how they feel.

I've owned this bike for more than 4 years, but have only ridden a bike about 50 miles or less--so far. Me and this bike have a long and sordid history. I'll talk about it in the GS stories forum.

thanx everyone!

Comment

Working...
              X