Small Carb Fuel Leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small Carb Fuel Leak

Hey guys! I have a small amount of fuel seeping out of the bottom of my 1980 GS850G's #1 and #2 carb drain plugs on the carbs. This slowly drips down on the top of the gearbox and blows on my leg when I ride. Can I tighten the drain plugs a little without doing any damage or thowing something else out of adjustment? I've never worked on the carbs and the bike runs great so I don't want to screw them up!

Thanks,
    Terry

SLOW DOWN---ENJOY THE RIDE---LIVE TO BE A BURDEN ON YOUR CHILDREN !!

Go ahead and tighten them just don't over do it. If they still leak replace the O rings on the drain screws

Comment

Tight is OK, but......

Loosen them first before you tighten them down...just to make sure that they're not "bound up"; you'll stand a better chance of fixing the promblem and as the Square Dancer says....don't make them too tight!!
      1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

It turned out that the carbs weren't leaking at all. My stock petcock was shot and was slowly leaking gas down the fuel line which was running onto the carb and down onto the top of the gearbox. I replaced the shot petcock with a Pingel and now I have no leak and no gas smell.

By the way the Pingel is COOL!!

Terry

Comment

Working...
        X