GS450 owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS450 owners

I would like to know what kind of MPG and distance you are getting. I have kept track of my last four fillups and my latest was 101 miles using 1.75 gals of fuel. I think that comes to about 56 or 57mpg. I have not tried traveling much further than this distance because the needle is really close to the " E " mark by then. How many miles out of a tank of gas do you average?

My bike doesn't count, it's got K&N pods and a 2-into-1 on it. Regular riding? Around 45 MPG, good for 150 miles on a tank. This last tankful, though, with more spirited throttle use, I hit the reserve at 105 miles.

I admit my bike needs a good carb clean and valve adjustment check.

Jeff

Comment

What year model is yours? I have no idea how many gals my tank holds. I am guessing just over 2 gals. I usually put between 1.75 and 1.90 gals in when I fill up, so I must have about a 1/4 of a gallon left in the tank maybe a little more. Oh I have not been on the highway yet so I have no idea if it will be better or worse. I guess I just want to know how far I can go right now and how far I should be going.

Originally posted by doggscube View Post
      My bike doesn't count, it's got K&N pods and a 2-into-1 on it. Regular riding? Around 45 MPG, good for 150 miles on a tank. This last tankful, though, with more spirited throttle use, I hit the reserve at 105 miles.

I admit my bike needs a good carb clean and valve adjustment check.

Jeff

Comment

Mine's all stock and I get just about 100 miles on 1.7 gallons. I'm not sure how big the tank is, I fill it when the needle is between 1/4 and 1/2.

TO

Comment

Originally posted by kb9lae View Post
          What year model is yours? I have no idea how many gals my tank holds. I am guessing just over 2 gals. I usually put between 1.75 and 1.90 gals in when I fill up, so I must have about a 1/4 of a gallon left in the tank maybe a little more. Oh I have not been on the highway yet so I have no idea if it will be better or worse. I guess I just want to know how far I can go right now and how far I should be going.
          I have a 1981 S model, about 4 gallons before reserve. So, that tank may have yielded 25 MPG :shock: Maybe I forgot to reset the trip odometer at fillup, I do that sometimes and reset it at maybe 30 miles, and forget to stop for gas at 120.

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by kb9lae View Post
            I would like to know what kind of MPG and distance you are getting. I have kept track of my last four fillups and my latest was 101 miles using 1.75 gals of fuel. I think that comes to about 56 or 57mpg. I have not tried traveling much further than this distance because the needle is really close to the " E " mark by then. How many miles out of a tank of gas do you average?
            I've an 81 GS450l & get pretty much the same as you... I remember a round figure of 60mpg & since I go like 28 miles each way to work, I go to/from twice before topping off...

Comment

Originally posted by doggscube View Post
              I have a 1981 S model, about 4 gallons before reserve. So, that tank may have yielded 25 MPG :shock: Maybe I forgot to reset the trip odometer at fillup, I do that sometimes and reset it at maybe 30 miles, and forget to stop for gas at 120.

Jeff
              I was wrong, my bike took 3.2 gallons to fill up, so that was more like 35 MPG, if I reset the trip odo when I filled up.

Comment

Originally posted by Time Out View Post
                Mine's all stock and I get just about 100 miles on 1.7 gallons. I'm not sure how big the tank is, I fill it when the needle is between 1/4 and 1/2.

TO
                yep, mine's a 1980 L model and I get about 92 miles before I switch it over to the reserve. I just rebuilt the carbs, so we'll see if it gets any better.

Comment

GS450 mileage

I have a 1982 GS450T, all stock, and I get between 55-60 mpg. Most of my riding is in the Cleveland Metroparks with some riding in the surrounding towns, almost none on highways. DickV

Comment

My 81 450L gets about 55-60 mpg on a normal week. She's mechanically stock. I don't know if the windsheild and saddlebags affect things at all.
                    1981 GS 450L

2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom

The good we do no one remembers.
                    The bad we do no one forgets.

Mark 5:36 -- Overhearing what they said, Jesus told him, "Don't be afraid; just believe".

Comment

Working...
                    X