83 suzuki gs550l need petcock help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

83 suzuki gs550l need petcock help

does anybody now how to bend the small metal piece that pushes up against the difram inside the petcock or does anybody have pic.thank you

Not sure just what piece you are talking about. In petcocks I have worked on, there was the cover, then a spring, the diaphragm (which has the stem on a metal plate that fits in the hole) and the o-ring on the diaphragm stem. This all fits into the main body which has the selector valve, the intake tubes and the screen.

I do not recognize any "small metal piece that pushes up against the [diaphragm]" unless you are speaking of the piece that blocks the fuel flow. If that's it, it sounds like it has come detached from the diaphragm itself.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

right behind plastic vavle metal ring that push on diaphragm when petcock is on prime and release when on/resv thus stopping fuel flow

Comment

ahh the intracacies of the petcock
        it is a damned bugger to get that spring steel in its proper location

hopefully you have not bent it as i did or it will be a bugger to get back in

I cant offer a picture as there is no way I owuld take the evil thing apart again.

ill look for some pics on the net but I doubt anyone ever bothered to take any.

Comment

yes calvin that is the piece that i speak of.i'm final glad somebody nose what i'm talking about and the metal spring piece is bent no closing diaphragm all the thus not shut off gas.do you now if the tip of metal is bent straight up/down or like a 45 degree angle.i tride to used petcock but no luck.can't find pic of inside petcock neither.i need help?

Comment

Working...
          X