please identify this header

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

please identify this header

Can anyone help me identify what bike this header fits. I purchased it a couple of years ago when I was cleaning up the 550. The guy I bought it from said it fit a gs550, but it does not. Doesn't fit my 1000 head either. The box it came in says supertrapp, but doesn't have a part number.

gs750 maybe??

any help would be appreciated

I don't know what it fits, either, but my 850 measures about 1.7" on the outer cylinders and the 650 measures about 1.6"

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

thanks Steve. hmm....well maybe it fits 650-850...?? anyone with a 750 care to measure for me?

Comment

550 and 650 are practically the same header, just different inside diameters. The spacing is the same.

I'll go measure my gs650 pipes and see what i can find
        1980 Gs550e....Not stock... :)

Comment

*thread hijack*

brveagle, i am still waiting for some pictures of your bike, and a follow up report on how she is running now thats it's been a few weeks.

Originally posted by brveagle View Post
          550 and 650 are practically the same header, just different inside diameters. The spacing is the same.

I'll go measure my gs650 pipes and see what i can find
          78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
          82 Kat 1000 Project
          05 CRF450x
          10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

The diameter of my stock '78 GS750 head pipe is aprox. 1.788." Centre to centre spacing is about 3.862" on the outside pipes. My Supertrapp? header measures about 1.744" dia. for my 1100, and the stock head pipe is 1.775" in diameter. Spacing for the 1100 is about 4.094", centre to centre.
            Kevin
            E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
            "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
            Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

thanks guys...maybe it doesn't even fit a gs

Comment

well i just checked center to center measurements on my 550 and to my surprise they are pretty close, but i think pipes are too large to fit into head. so it's probably a 650 header.

Comment

Originally posted by runrx02 View Post
                  well i just checked center to center measurements on my 550 and to my surprise they are pretty close, but i think pipes are too large to fit into head. so it's probably a 650 header.
                  I think you have it. The 550 ports are about 1.4" (measured an exhaust gasket donut).
                  Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Maybe it fits the 83-86 550....

Comment

Looks like it might be a kawasaki piece.
                      Feel The Pulse!

1982 GS1100E with Tracy one piece body
                      2007 Roadstar Midnight Warrior

ebay cntgeek

Comment

I have a super trap hanging in the garage at the house, for an 1100. Looks like what you have. I'll measure it when I get home and compare your measurements.

Comment

sorry mate!

i just measured my old head (that would of been the thing to do first only i didnt think of it).i cant mesure inches.but this is what i have 40 mm diammiter of exhaust.
                          and about 31.5 cm for full length of all four.
                          ten cm outside and inside 12 cm.
                          o----------o------------o----------0
                          center to center best as can be given the tools i dont have.
                          hope this is of some help
                          cheerrio marz
                          i dont know if this worked sure did make my keyboard dirty!
                          bloody soot all over it!

/Users/marzwillis/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2007/Roll 3/MyPicture.jpg
                          Last edited by Guest; 08-28-2007, 12:46 PM.

Comment

thanks marz! what bike were these measurements from?

Comment

there mesured

g.s. 750 e canadiain mod. 1984 check the post above i tried to put a piccy in.

to early i was up at 3 watching the moon.

o.k. i was howling as well...
                              cherrio marz.looking for a g/f.any one no of any spare.?
                              Last edited by Guest; 08-28-2007, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X