parts suppliers/what fits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

parts suppliers/what fits

hi jsut about to rebuild my 82 gs1100gk in england and almost nobody has heard of them. can anyone tell me which other model gasket kits fit the 1100gk, which xaust's will fit, i would like the standard type 4 into 2, will any other brakes simply bolt on to replace these horrible wooden things they call brakes, and is there a suplier you guys know of who can get me seat covers and a back pad? i am sure during the rebuild i will ask you guys many other questions and hope someone out there is feeling friendly thanks rob

Bunch of stuff!!

Rob:
    First off you need to find a Suzuki dealer or outlet that is familiar with Suzukis'.
    Once you have found one it will all come together, there are zillions of these worldwide.......whoever you've been talking to hasn't really been around the block so to say.
    The gasket sets will be readily available thru a Suzuki dealer, they really are model specific as I believe yours is a shaft drive.
    The exaust system probably is not still available thru the factory.....if it is it probably will be too expensive to consider. The aftermarket has a decent selection for your application but most if not all are of a four into one configuration. The brand Kerker is the most promenent brand that comes to mind.
    The seat-covers are not really available from the factory, but some aftermarket seats exist......like Corbin for instance. Most people nowadays just send in their seat(torn up as it is) to be recovered in a similar type 'fabric'. They could also do up the "sissy bar" pad.
    The brake pads are easily found thru Suzuki or some other aftermarket brands like Ferodo, EBC and a whole bunch of others.
    Rick.......

Comment

Rob
      Don't forget in England we call the 2-valve engines GS, and the later 4-valve engines GSX. It is easy to tell them apart visually, as the GS has round cam-end covers, while the GSX has rectangular ones.
      I don't think we had a 2-valve 1100, only te 4-valve version.
      So if it is a 4-valve engine you need a gasket set for a GSX1100.
      Don't forget a lot of the guys who work in parts departments may never have seen a GS - they would have to be over 23 years old to be born when the GS's were on sale!

Comment

Try the following links for parts. The first has the gaskets, the second has parts diagrams and the third has a lot of stuff too.

Good luck.

Terry

Comment

Working...
        X