No announcement yet.

Hot weather=no choke needed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From what I've seen, most GS's are pretty lean on the pilots as set from the factory. Most the guy's around our local bike shop, would go up a size or two on the pilots, just so the wouldn't need to use the choke as often. Not to say it hasn't happen, but I never remember anyone who had a GS, with stock pilots, that would start without choke first thing in the morning. Larger pilots will affect the higher rpm jetting, but contrary to what others may think, it is so minimal, no one could tell. Won't change the higher rpm plug readings at all.
    1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
      From what I've seen, most GS's are pretty lean on the pilots as set from the factory. Most the guy's around our local bike shop, would go up a size or two on the pilots, just so the wouldn't need to use the choke as often. Not to say it hasn't happen, but I never remember anyone who had a GS, with stock pilots, that would start without choke first thing in the morning. Larger pilots will affect the higher rpm jetting, but contrary to what others may think, it is so minimal, no one could tell. Won't change the higher rpm plug readings at all.
      You probably wont believe this but my carbs still have the factory plugs in on top of the air screws.I have replaced the o-rings in everything else but never drilled the plugs out.The bike runs excellent and idles perfect.I dont know how this is possible myself other than it always had a fuel filter inline I do run seafoam in it like once a month.I took the fuel filter off a year ago and replaced the fuel line.If it doesnt give me problems Im not going to tear into them.

Comment

Working...
      X