seriously loud noise in my motor!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seriously loud noise in my motor!!!

hey folks I h ave a very frustrating problem my 82 gs750e which i purchased last fall has been apart 90 percent of the time i've owned it to make long story short i bought it had the block honed, new pistons rings valves, valve seats. guides and seals. carbs rebuilt and rejetted, new stator plugs and rectifier and a freind and i have just completed a new paint job. i got everything put back together. my bike looked and ran awesome. i put about 400 sub 5000rpm miles on it and suddenly i have a loud clatter in the top left side of the valve train. the dealer that did the rebuild says they may fix it if it was one oft the parts that they worked on but i am afraid to ride it up there for fear of serious engine damage. I have no truck. it only makes the racket after it begins to warm up any suggestions as to the cause of my noise would be heartily appreciated.
    its starting to get warm weather and this is dirving me crazy

Needs a valve adjustment. You may have a rocker arm wearing out.

Comment

Also, check for loose rocker arm locknuts. I've had them back off and if they do, castrophic results are almost certain.

Comment

Sounds like valve timing, as above check lash, locknuts, and for tappet or rocker wear. Also you may have a wiped out cam lobe, and maybe even a faulty or unrealeased automatic cam chain tensioner.

Hope this helps,

8) Andre 8)

Comment

thanks

thanks for the advice i'll pull the valve cover and check those things and get back to you folks with the diagnosis. thanks again.

Comment

Working...
          X