Exhaust Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust Thread!

Thought this would be a good idea for a thread, and help me out at the same time.

Right now I've got a Kerker 4-1 on my 750, and frankly, its rather ugly and it sounds like crap.

Please, if you have any type of NON-stock exhaust, post a pic with a description and how you like it.

Thanks!

You guys may be sick of seeing this picture (and so am I cause the bike needs paint in a bad way), but here goes. Vance and Hines 4 into 1, sounds great, nice boost in HP and torque with the pods and a stage 3 rejet.

They make 'em for the 750 too, if you're interested. http://www.vanceandhines.com/c107.html

Comment

Nice. TTT!

Comment

Supertrapp Stainless system. Back pressure/noise level tunable by adding or removing disks. Also has an easily removable baffle assembly that is easy to re-pack. Has a nice mellow sound with a decent bark at higher revs. I think it sounds nice without being obnoxious. Unfortunately, I don't think they have been made for years. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen another one on a GS:

IBA# 24077
        '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
        '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
        '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

I just replaced my nasty old worn out Kerker with this setup. It's a Mac 4 into 1 with a canister type muffler. I like the sound. It's fairly quiet at idle and low rpm's but sounds more aggressive when you get on it. Macperformance.com has the best price I found. I got mine from Old Bike Barn and they matched the price.
          Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Dave

Comment

I like my Kerker 4-1. Nice deep throaty sound and it looks ok. Old but OK.

1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
            1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Nice ride Joe!!!
              1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
                Nice ride Joe!!!
                Thanks, Bill!

Joe
                IBA# 24077
                '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
                '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
                '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

Here is my GS 700 with supertrapp exhaust... Although it is not stainless like Joe's It sounds nice and looks great with my new paint job I did on it... It was on the bike when I bought it so I am not sure of the performance gains, although It sounds really cool... cant describe it but it is really cool...

Comment

I like my Kerker 4-1. Nice deep throaty sound and it looks ok. Old but OK.

That's gotta be the faster cruiser I've ever ridden with. Your bike flat out hauled @$$ in Tahoe. :-D

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Nardy View Post
                      Supertrapp Stainless system. Back pressure/noise level tunable by adding or removing disks. Also has an easily removable baffle assembly that is easy to re-pack. Has a nice mellow sound with a decent bark at higher revs. I think it sounds nice without being obnoxious. Unfortunately, I don't think they have been made for years. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen another one on a GS:
                      That's definetly a problem I've run into searching for exhaust alternatives.

Found lots of pics of stuff I like, only to find that it's not made anymore.

Happened at least 3 different times so far.

Comment

Originally posted by 80GS1000 View Post
                        That's gotta be the faster cruiser I've ever ridden with. Your bike flat out hauled @$$ in Tahoe. :-D
                        Thanks Paul!
                        You still have that newer Zook? GSXR 750 was it?
                        Last edited by chef1366; 08-28-2007, 12:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pickardracing View Post
                          Nice. TTT!
                          Thanks, what does TTT mean?

Comment

Thanks Paul!
                            You still have that newer Zook? GSXR 750 was it?
                            Yeah, been riding the wheels off the GSXR 750, just under 5k miles since I bought it the week before the Reno/Tahoe get-together. Great bike, very fast and incredible handling. Now it's time to finish the GS.

Your bike is the ultimate sleeper - fast as hell.

Comment

Originally posted by 80GS1000 View Post
                              Thanks, what does TTT mean?
                              To the top, as in bumping thread to the top of the page.

Comment

Working...
                              X