identifying a screw...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

identifying a screw...

So...apparently launching a screw in a fit of anger is not a good idea, even if it's warped and damaged...

anyways...On the carburetor, the screw that goes inbetween the locknut that adjusts the vacuum level (set screw?), what is it's part number? I tried the loctite trick, sans the locknut, and horrendously warped it when i tred to reinstall the middle one, you know, the one that is almost impossible to reach when installed on the bike...

The part page

Blown up picture

I'm learning toward 30, Carburetor screw.

Thank you, pardon my stupidity....

Originally posted by Fare View Post
    ...apparently... a screw in a fit of anger is not a good idea...

Never thought much about it. Sounds interesting, could relieve stress.

Oh, you mean that kind of screw! Awful hard to say without seeing it...

Comment

Yeah #30 is the sync screw.

But how did going sans locknut cause damage??? Did you have them separated and then put them back together incorrectly/with much force? I always forget to mate the throttle linkage back up before sandwiching the carbs back together. Luckily I've never forced it too hard before I realized...

Comment

If you want to try getting a generic screw from the hardware store I believe it's 5mm fine pitch.

Comment

Originally posted by t3rmin View Post
          If you want to try getting a generic screw from the hardware store I believe it's 5mm fine pitch.
          I've looked at all the local hardware store, they only stock 5mm standard. what are my chances at the nearest home depot? /sigh i'll dish out 10 bucks for 3 screws...

I took out all the screws, applied the loctite, then put them back in, 1 and 3 were fine, but the middle, i don't think i was able to put it in completly straight and it became impossible to screw in. retrying at odd angles warped it (any maybe applying too much force...)

Comment

Home Depot is usually a miserable failure WRT fastener stock. Especially devoid of anything metric. At least that's how mine is... 5mm fine is hard to find anyway.

*shrug* I always just apply the loctite, then screw the screw in and out. Then apply another drop when I'm done. After drying it's nice and snug. Each time I sync I give it another drop. Works every time.

Comment

Shipping will kill ya, but they have a good selection. They also have printouts that help identify thread diameter/pitch.
              and God said, "Let there be air compressors!"
              __________________________________________________ ______________________
              2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2004 HondaPotamus sigpic Git'cha O-ring Kits Here!

Comment

Working...
              X