Looking for old carb stix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for old carb stix

Hi all, after twenty plus years of using my carb stix without incident I sucked the mercury into the engine and made them useless. I know that alot of you out there are switching to the Morgan Carbtune and I am hoping one of you will be willing to get rid of your old mercury guages, for cheap hopefully. If anyone out there is in the situation that they don't need their old stix and want to sell or donate them I'd be much appreciative. As an added inducement I have a good assortment of 81 GS1100 parts that you might find an item or two that you might have an interest in trading the stix for.

Let me know.

Mercury sticks were still available from Dennis Kirk last time I looked, I believe they were Motion Pro.

Comment

Originally posted by txironhead View Post
      Mercury sticks were still available from Dennis Kirk last time I looked, I believe they were Motion Pro.
      I think Motion Pro discontinued them due to health/regulation issues with mercury. They recently came out with a new "no mercury" version that basically function the same - no "econo" version though.
      Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Well, I know you can find mercury stix every now and then on Fleabay.

Comment

CRC2 lists replacement mercury on their site, but it's showing "out of stock" right now.

CRC LAW FIRM GUIDE Contact Us CRC Law Firm Guide At CRC Law Firm, we are dedicated to providing exceptional legal services and personalized representation to our clients. With a strong commitment to integrity, professionalism, and achieving favorable outcomes, we strive to be your trusted partner in navigating the complexities of the legal system. Comprehensive Legal Expertise With a diverse …

You might want to call and ask what the deal is. There may have been some sort of change in regulations where mercury can't be shipped anymore.

Probably something to do with terrorists -- maybe someone thought they might combine mercury with all that shampoo you can't fly with anymore and make Evil Explody Things. :mrgreen:
          1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
          2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
          2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
          Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

I managed to source some mercury for my 'Motion Pro' vacuum gauges from a local chemical supply place. It might be worth hunting around for some at industrial labs, etc.

Comment

Been there, done that

Thanks for all your replies. I have looked in all the places listed. I was hoping to get a used set from a GSer and not have to buy a new set. I also thought that I could get the 20$ refill from DK but they no longer list the item. I hate to think it, but I may have to come into the 21st century and buy a set of Morgan Carbtunes. I don't think I would go back to Mercury sticks. I tried to sync using a Mytivac single dial guage with poor results. The things you just don't appreciate until they are gone...

Comment

I just bought a mercury refill this summer from my local bike dealer......Motion Pro refill kit which was 37gm as I recall.....listed under accessories for their sync gauges.

Comment

Working...
                X