Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Part number request: Shock bolt

Hi,

Would some one be so kind as to attach a diagram or provide the part number for the bolt that attatches the shock to the upper frame. thanks much

81 GS650G

Isn't it welded in?

Comment

no, it's a bolt. And I found it on Bike Bandit: http://houseofmotorcycles.bikebandit...X/1981/1016209

thanks anyhow

Comment

There's a bolt on the bottom, where the shock eye attaches to the swingarm (#15 on the diagram). And there's a bolt for the rear brake stay (#22 & #23), but no bolt for where the upper shock eye attaches to the frame. That "bolt" is welded to the frame.

What part number were you speaking of?

Comment

I guess you could call it a bolt, but it's not a part you can buy - it's part of the frame. On my bike they drill a hole through the frame tube then weld the bolt in place. Check it out in this pic:

To properly replace one you need to cut the existing one fluch to the frame then drill out the remainder inside the frame. You'd have to machine a new one, insert it and weld it in place.

Simplest thing to do is take the frame to a machine shop and they could do it in no time.

Comment

My confusion is that I was describing it as a bolt..... It's the NUT, not that bolt. SOORRRRYYYY about that

The part I need is number 12 on this diagram: http://houseofmotorcycles.bikebandit.com/parts/Suzuki/GS650GX/1981/1016209.

It came undone due to the bikes rear bike rack that also locks in on that same bolt on both shock absorbers. My bike rack lost some of the nuts and bolt that support it to the rear of the bike elsewhere, thus the bouncing shimmyed that shock nut off. Jeeese, I feel like every nut and bolt on my bike has come loose this summer. Well, at least 3 vital ones. clutch, shock and rack.
            Last edited by Guest; 09-01-2007, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Ahh, the nut! Well that's much easier to replace! ;-)

You might be able to find one at a hardware store and it'd be much cheaper I'm sure...

Comment

I'm shocked. :shock:;-)
                1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Working...
                X