OH No Electrical problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OH No Electrical problems

When I tried to leave the house this morning I started the bike to let it warm up and when I was doing the pre-trip inspection the headlight,tail light and the radio were not working I shut it off to look at the fuses the entire electrical system went out.
    As I looked at the fuse block the fuses were good but when I wiggled it I got some of the systems back (the gear indicator and oil pressure light )but no starter head light or tail light so all the connections on the harness looks good so it sounds like I need to get a new fuse block?????????
    looking forward to the thoughts of the GURU'S on here
    Thanks
    Dave

You could unhook your fusebox and see if there is a broken part somewhere like the contact that holds the main fuse in.there are some for sale on e-bay right know if you need one.I would take it apart first and see if you can solve the problem before you buy a new one.

Comment

If you bike has the glass tube style fuses. look at the fuse box clip ends. They may have grown some crud. A clean up and you should be good to go. Also look for loose end caps on the fuses.

Comment

Fuses are cheap, replace them all. A blown fuse can still look good and in fact get intermittent contact.

These fuse boxes aren't that fantastic, but if you pry the plastic cover off of the back you should be able to tell if there is any corrosion, loose contacts, etc. Take it apart and clean everything with some sandpaper and electrical parts cleaner.

Comment

Working...
        X