1980 GS750L gas leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1980 GS750L gas leak

I've noticed gas residue on the left carburator (which drips onto the starter) and can't figure where it's coming from. I used a mirror and am totally satisfied that it's not coming from the float bowl gasket. I took the tank off and it seems to me that gas does seep from the petcock but I still wonder why that would cause leakage at the carburator. The other carbs are clean so it's not "running" to the left side. What do all you experts think??? By the way, the hoses are good and there is no leakage that I can see anywhere else. Thanks for your thoughts! :roll: Also, if I should replace the petcock, what should I replace it with?????
    1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Sounds like time to rebuild or replace the petcock.
    Dink

Comment

what kind of petcok ?

with or without lever and "res" position ???

Comment

Petcock type

It has the OEM petcock which has neither a lever nor a reserve position. I wish it had both....
        1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

Go get a pingle and solve all your problems in one whack.

Louie

Comment

hooked on phonics !!!

Manufacturer and distributor of high performance motorcycle parts and accessories for street and drag. Find fuel valves (petcocks), wheel chocks, air shifters, all electric shifter kits, wheelie bars and more here. Products for Yamaha, Harley-Davidson, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Honda available.

sorry bout that !!

Louie

Comment

Working...
            X