What kind of header is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What kind of header is this?

Anyone know what brand of header this is? Thought this might interest someone here:

It appears to be hand bent, so it might be a Yosh, or Yosh style ( Matsu, etc)

Jay
    Speed Merchant
    http://www.gszone.biz

Comment

It sorta looks like the MAC on my 650L.

Interesting line in the ad:
      It is pretty loud but still does a good job of dampening noise like it should.
      If it "dampened noise like it should", it cetainly would NOT be "pretty loud".

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

My Guess Would Be A Yosh As Well, Kerker Has A Megaphone End, The Old Yosh Stuff Was Just A Large Pipe With A Baffel In The End. Looks Like A Old Yosh Pipe I Have Hanging In My Garage For My 1000, The Collector I Have Has About A 3.5" Dia, Plus This Header Looks Like It Runs Down The Center Of The Oil Pan, Which Yosh Does, Mac's And Kerkers Were Off Set So You Could Change The Oil With The Header On.

Just Think If Had Added The Words "yoshimura Exhaust" To The Ad He Could Be Makeing A Lot More Money.

You Think This Will Fit Your 1000?
        78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
        82 Kat 1000 Project
        05 CRF450x
        10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

Anyone here run a Yosh pipe on their GS? How's the performance and sound?

Comment

Looks the same as the one on my bike (750) but can't be because mine is a German aftermarket job.

Needs a muffler, and has obviously been hand cleaned and repainted, but other than that I would say it's an excellent risk at anything less than a hundred or so.

Mine, including muffler, was $450 new.

Comment

Looks like my MAC jobbie-doo except without the slip flange.

Comment

Wisco used to sell pipes that had the look and they had a small oval emblem about where the oval spot on the "collector" is

Comment

Working...
                X