MAC exhausts ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MAC exhausts ?

Anyone here buy a mac exhaust, and if so what exactly did it come with. Did it come with 4 exhaust flanges to mount the headers to the block? Did it come with various bolts and straps to mount the exhaust to the rear set? I bought one from eBay from a salvage yard who said it was new just had a few scratches, which is fine but never came with instructions or any kind of hardware just headers and a megaphone. So to my dismay I can not mount it to my bike without some sort of flanges to hold the headers to the block.
    78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
    82 Kat 1000 Project
    05 CRF450x
    10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

I know you are annoyed with not getting the full package but don't you have the flanges from your old exhaust?

Steve

Comment

yeah i cut a pipe to get a flange and to find out the old flanges are to big and slide over the new stuff..... i *@%^$*@%^$*@%^$*@%^$ed

ryan
      78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
      82 Kat 1000 Project
      05 CRF450x
      10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

I recently had a MAC Turnout (4into2) system on my GS750EC. It could not be taken apart. The flanges were already on the headers and it mounted using only the flanges and rear bolt from the stock muffler.
        Hope it helped!

Comment

I just picked up a 4 into 2 MAC for my girlfriend's 81 GS650GL and the flanges are already on the headers also. All that is supplied was the headers and the two mufflers and the muffler clamps. Will be installing it next weekend and it looks easy enough.
          BTW, I had to pick up the exhaust gaskets.

Comment

Thats not a MAC exhaust then no matter what they said. If it is then they modified it as every MAC exhaust I ever bought NEW came with the flanges on the headers. I hade to use my bolts (I always put in new ones anyway). I also always get the coupler for header to muffler and brackets to mount to stock bolt holes with a new bolt. Send that puppy back if you can and buy a nice new one from MAC or local dealer. The 25 - 50 bucks saved is not worth aggrevation.

Louie

Comment

Working...
            X