GS850 Wiring routing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS850 Wiring routing

After a thorough teardown, I'm starting to put my '81 GS850G back together. Wiring has never been my strong point. While I think I can figure out the connections with the help of a wiring diagram, I think I could use a little help with the exact routing. Unfortunately, I didn't have a digital camera until after the teardown. Would one of you kind folks take a moment to take some pictures of the wire routing and post them?

Thanks to anyone who can offer assistance.

GS850 Wiring Routing

Please!!!!

Comment

I've got an GS850L, but I'm not sure whether the routing is the same. Do you have any questions in particular?

Comment

GS850 Wiring Routing

Great! Thanks. According to the manual the wiring should be the same. I can tell some of the routing from the manual, but not everything. First, what path does the blue and green wires (from the signal generator on the right side of the engine) wrapped in the white take after it wraps around the oil pan? Also, there appears to be a ground wire attached to the top rear of the back of the transmission case. Mine wasn't connected to anything when I got the bike. This would be a start. If you have a digital camera and about 10-15 minutes to snap and upload some shots of the wiring in general, that would be even better. Thanks for your help.

Comment

GS850 Wiring Routing

I see you are in NE Iowa. I'm in Cedar Falls. If you'd let me, I could swing by and take some pictures at your convenience.

Comment

Hey howdy hey!

Mr. Bruno,

Send me a PM with your email address. I may have a manual for you, pictures and everything.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

P.S. Welcome to the GSR Forum! (In case no one has officially welcomed you.)

Comment

GS850 Wiring Routing

Thank you!!! I'm sending a private message.

Comment

That is the situation I would use as an excuse to convince my wife to let me buy the GSX 1100G that is for sale the next town over !

Comment

Working...
                X