What is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is this?

So I have looked through the diagrams on Bike Bandit and cannot locate what this part is...can anyone identify this for me? Its the oily part below the head.

That's the cam chain tensioner.

Comment

If you're talking about the part under/between cylinders 2 and 3, and above the starter cover, that's the camchain tensioner, I think.

Those microfiches can be weird on where they place parts.

Jeff

Comment

Cam chain tensioner....man I need to order the book already.

Thanks! Now I will find out why its leaking oil...

Comment

Here's why it's leaking oil and how to fix it. The seal and o-rings that are leaking are usually not on the fiche, but these part numbers and instructions should work for you:

Some cam chain tensioners look a little different (different angles, two instead of three bolts), but they all work exactly the same. As far as I am aware, the part numbers for the seal and o-rings and the instructions are the same for all GS models. Lots of people have used these instructions in the last three years, and no one has emailed to complain that they didn't work.

The gasket at the base will obviously be different for some models.

Best of all, your total investment will be something like $4 to $6, depending on where you get Suzuki parts.

What sort of bike do you have there?
          1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
          2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
          2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
          Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Working...
          X