Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Odd question about a possible bike purchase.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd question about a possible bike purchase.

I'll probably be mocked and ridiculed right out of this forum, but I thought I'd check with you guys since most of you seem to be knowledgeable about motorcycles in general and not just Suzukis. This borders on technical info and this seams to be where more people go than anywhere else. Anyhow, here's the question:

We found a nice newer bike for my wife that's really clean and has pretty low miles. '99 Kawasaki (sorry!) Vulcan 800. 8300 miles on it. Really clean. Just curious if there was anything particularly good or bad about this type of bike. It has new exhaust (Cobra Double-D's I believe), pegs, grips and mirrors. That's about it for aftermarket stuff. Asking $3K. KBB has $2200 for trade, $3200 for retail. Any thoughts? Thanks!

VN 800 "A" or "B"
    excellent chain drive bike that has a very low seat height.

easy to do general service.

3K is a little high I like to refrence N.A.D.A. value for a wholesale purchace price negotiation.

K.B.B. is useful if you are dealing with finance lenders and insurance companies.

as with any private deal... any value book is out the window. Cash in hand and shrewd negotiation will assure you what owner will actually sell for
    SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

My buddy had a Vulcan 700 (or 750? Can't remember). That thing MOVED. Was really impressed with the power. Nice bike overall, too.

Comment

The Vulcan is a great bike, though it's not a Suzie \\/. Pick your size and ride...a good friend has the (1400-1500 CC?) Drifter and has had no problems with it and has clocked more that 30k on it.

Comment

Nice bike. See if they still have the stock pipes to go along with it, though. The Cobras might be a bit noisy. :shock:

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Thanks for all the help, guys! BTW, I think it's the VN800B4 since it's the Classic. I'll check on the pipes, but the wife and I like them loud. lol. They're loud with a good twist, but nice at cruising. Really appreciate the help!
            Last edited by Guest; 09-17-2007, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X