No announcement yet.

Frontend question 81 750e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got the parts today, the guy sent them on Thursday and they got here on today (Friday)!

Well the parts are far from perfect, but then again so is my budget. I think that I can polish these up pretty good. I will also need to repaint the caliper with some gold caliper paint (if they sell it). Here are some pictures along with some questions.

What do I do with those cables that are coming out of the the front end?

This bolt came in the box, I don't see where it could go. Do you?

Missing adjuster cap. Is this a problem? Or can I use the other one to adjust this one?

Comment

Calipers need cleaning/painting as you can see.

Hope you guys enjoyed the pixs. All advice/comments are welcomed (except for telling me that it was total waste of money lol - if that's the case, what is done is done, now lets move froward).

Comment

Originally posted by bexabarr View Post
        Ok last reply... I have to get back to reality. I remeasured (again with the tape measure, but more precisely this time) and found that it was 21 mm.

here is a picture to show you from where I measured. From where the red line beggins to the other side and obviously I did not count that same amount on the other side. I thought that these sections where part of the frame. I don't know if that is true or not, I guess I could check on bikebandit's diagram or something.

Isn't the green part the dust seal thingy? You know, that aggravating part that's makes re-mounting your swingarm such a pain? ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by t3rmin View Post
          Isn't the green part the dust seal thingy? You know, that aggravating part that's makes re-mounting your swingarm such a pain? ;-)
          Yeah, getting that thing lined up with the frame boss and the pivot bolt on both sides can be a pain since there's 0 play in that area.
          Last edited by Guest; 09-21-2007, 12:47 PM.

Comment

I've never taken the swingarm off. I'm sure I'll know exactly what you guys mean soon enough.

Comment

Talking about swingarms.... here is another picture with another question. What can I say, I like pictures. Also the other questions w/ pics are still up in the air.

I'm about to buy a wider gs1100 aluminum swingarm; will I have to use a 4 to 1 exhaust? Or can I use my current stock one?

Comment

Originally posted by bexabarr View Post
                Talking about swingarms.... here is another picture with another question. What can I say, I like pictures. Also the other questions w/ pics are still up in the air.

I'm about to buy a wider gs1100 aluminum swingarm; will I have to use a 4 to 1 exhaust? Or can I use my current stock one?
                Is that spare bolt for one of the triple clamps? I wouldn't worry too much about that missing adjuster cap, but it'd probably look better if you could find one. One of those cables is for the speedo drive probably, the other, ??? Speaking of which, what kind of speedo are you planning on using?

I had to rotate the megaphone part of my V&H 4 into 1 outwards to get it to fit around the GSXR 1000 swingarm. Is there any such flexibility with the stock pipes? A 4 into 1 with the correct jetting would add power and drop a significant amount of weight anyways.
                Last edited by Guest; 09-21-2007, 04:11 PM.

Comment

I recently won these items....

Not too sure about the exhaust... but it came off a bike the same year as mine, and I thought it was a good deal.

The wheels should be a direct swap on the forks !!! and if I ever want to upgrade on the forks... I'll just swap the bearing etc.

Psyched!! I still have to receive the items.

I still have to get the aluminum 1100 swing arm and longer shocks, but I'd say I have made a huge dent on the progress of my project bike. I think I got really lucky, first buying a pair of random forks and then finding modern wheels that have been set to fit those same forks. I'm a little worried about ground clearance issues. They are from (I think 92 gsxr 600) and think they measure 17x3 and 17x5.5. Any ideas?

Comment

Working...
                  X