I thought I'd ask one more time...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought I'd ask one more time...

What kind of oil should I use in my tires?

If I use a completely synthetic energy-saving oil in my high mileage tires, will they get even more mileage because of less friction? Of if I change my tires and oil often enough, does it really matter?

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

No need to use oil in your tires. Be sure to change the air weekly. Distilled air is best.

Comment

I have always found nitrogen-aerated oil to be the best. 8-[

There have been no reliable conclusions on the difference between natural or synthetic nitrogen. \\/

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

You are supposed to put air in your tires? 8-[

Comment

Only use a branded synthetic tire oil in your tires of a weight equal to half the diameter of the rim. ANYTHING else will dramatically shorten the life of your oil pressure relief valve and increase the wear your rims experience.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by MissFabulous View Post
              Florence Henderson would approve ... it'd give the bike "Wessonality!"

Comment

silicon will give them a fuller look ....:shock: although have installation done by a professional...

Comment

Make sure you fill them only with the highest quality synthetic snake oil. Also important is the quality of the argon-helium mixture you inflated them with. You did get the negative ion filtered, .01 μM tolerance, double ozmosized mixture right?

Comment

im not sure

really frigging nuts!

if this is true not a joke of some massive ..well then i cant think of a more dangerous thing to do.

perhaps just put a slick on the road ad h2o and put a blind fold on.then wiggle youre handle bars really fast..
                    or a gun would be less painfull.

or that dude that was riding the other time with worn out sprockets.!

urrraaaghhhhh
                    Last edited by Guest; 09-19-2007, 01:09 AM. Reason: forgot!

Comment

If your running with a powerband rub the oil on the outside of the tires. :shock:
                      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
                        If your running with a powerband rub the oil on the outside of the tires. :shock:

while your at it you should change the Halogen Fluid in ur light bulbs -they run low if u do a lot of night riding .....8-[

Comment

They defy the law of gravity!

But then, I never studied law!

Originally posted by Pharkmeh View Post
                          silicon will give them a fuller look ....:shock: although have installation done by a professional...

Uh, yeah! I'd hate to have the oil in my tires installed upside down!

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Originally posted by BassCliff View Post
                            What kind of oil should I use in my tires?

If I use a completely synthetic energy-saving oil in my high mileage tires, will they get even more mileage because of less friction? Of if I change my tires and oil often enough, does it really matter?
                            While you're at it, apply a thick coat to the outside of the tires. Coat the rotors too so everything matches.
                            Now run it up to 120 to blow off the excess and you're good.
                            And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                            Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
                              Just don't spill any oil on that powerband or you know what could happen...

And lately I've heard a secret tip from the drag strip crowd about tire oil, for longer lasting tire life...

Last edited by Guest; 09-22-2007, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X