GS850 Forks Specification?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS850 Forks Specification?

Hi, I've had a few tries to search for answers but can't find one...sorry - hope someone can help me...

My question is would early (ish) say about 1980 GS850 forks fit on a 1985 GS850.

I'm referring to the standard UK spec bikes, not the air assisted or the custom style variants.

Many thanks,
    John.

Suzuki stopped selling The 850 in the USA in 1983. They changed the front end in 1982. 79 - 81 front ends have the same parts. 82-83 front ends are different from the earlier models (different part numbers for inner & outer tubes) I don't know if the length overall or diameter changed.

Terry

Comment

Not the same parts, but they'll all interchange. No problem there. The triple trees will interchange, which means the fork diameter is the same.

Comment

Thanks for the info, greatly appreciated and you've answered my questions...cheers :-D

Comment

Gs Fork Specifications

There is differences between models(1980 850G vs. GL).The G models axle is mounted @ end of lower fork leg & L models axle is mounted on front of lower fork leg.The fork tubes as well as lower fork legs are different in length between models.The overall(assembled) length from axle to top of fork tube are the same & can be interchanged as an assembly.Don't mix fork tubes w/fork lowers from different models or you could be structurely unsafe due to different lengths in components.2 things I should point out if your planning on using different model forks.1-If your going from a G model to an L,use the G model triple trees so they won't hit your tank on tight turns. The offset is more on the G to make up for the different axle position as well as clearing the bigger tank(if going from L to a G model you can use either triple trees).2-Any model change will require that you use front fender & brake caliper mounts from that model because of axle mounting differences(tire will rub fender & brake pads won't be in proper position on disc).Hope this helps!

Comment

Working...
          X