Cost of New Clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cost of New Clutch

[-o< want to know how much a New Clutch will cost for my 1978 GS550 Suzuki and where to get one.I can ride for about 100 miles and the clutch will stick bad so I'm going to fix that with a New Clutch \\/ Any help with this would be great Thanks.

stick? usualy when they are worn out they slip, sticking indicates a issue with the reliese push rod (they do need servicing from time to time)

EBC stock type friction disc are available for around $70usd or just about half what they cost for a 1100

Comment

thanks focus frenzy, do you think it could be the return spring on the clutch arm :shock:

Comment

I would make sure that the cable is well lubricated and also clean the push rod and then re-adjust it. Like Focus said bad clutch will slip not stick. Old or bad oil will also have an effect on the clutch.

Comment

thanks Thehotbeast, I have put a new clutch cable on and had a new oil pan put on by Pro Class Cycles so it has new oil and filter in it.Pro Class told me to change the oil about every 1500 to 2000 miles and that it would help the clutch. I don't really know that much about it so I was just going to have a new clutch put in and be done with it, other than that the bike is waiting to go on a long trip and me too. \\/

Comment

My clutch has premature grab.

You go to take off, you think feel the friction zone bike starts to roll and you go to release it and ease the throttle only to go no where until the lever is almost all the way out. WTF? It's like it has a 3" friction zone.

Any ideas? I did switch to Rotella 5-40 to see if it would help and it still does the same crap.

My 750 you can let the lever out a good 1.5" then feel the zone and the zone is maybe .75" max which is sweet for predictability. The Suzi makes me look like a newbe trying to learn how to ride. I've been operating clutches for 15 years.

Comment

Working...
            X