Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

poor spark? vacuum leak? bad plugs? bad battery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just as an FYI......I sealed the threads of my petcock bolts with a thread sealant from Loctite. It's said on the package it was perfect for use with gasoline and oil. I pick it up at my local Advance Auto Parts. It's a low strength seal because I figured I may need to take these out one day!

Comment

You should have a 12-14 ah battery. I had problems with my 79 850 re weak spark. New coils fixed the problem even tho they checked good

Comment

ah yeah then my battery is definitely too small. Did you have the same problem with both of your coils sqdancer? Can anyone recommend good coils that won't break the bank like dyna coils? Preferably ones with replaceable wires.

Comment

Got a 14 Ah battery... it fits, but I need to modify the side covers to get them back on. No big deal, they were already cracked and needing fiberglassing

So if I were to bite the bullet and get dynatek coils... which ones do I want? And what do the numbers on the side mean? There are some on ebay that say "3 ohm 6/96". Is that the manufacturing date? What secondary resistance do I want?

Comment

Working...
          X