Thanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks

Just wanted to say what a great site this is and to thank all that care enough (about people they don't know) to take the time to post such valuable information. My 17 year old and I are am slowly restoring an '82 GS1100GKZ. We are about to undertake the scary (to me) task of rebuilding the carbs and really appreciate all the info included here.
    THANK YOU.

If you haven't already been to www.cycleorings.com you will need to get the O Rings anyway and he has fast shipping and quality parts. Get the Manifold O Rings also.

Comment

O-Rings

Sent an e-mail there today. Thanks

Comment

850 carb rebuild...be warned

Hello, I am new to the site and am impressed!!! I was a Suzuki mechanic for years (dealership 1982-1987) and have worked on everything. Two words of advice about your cycle. If you are rebuilding the carbs because it is cold blooded, they , (gs850's), are one of the worst running cold cycles I have ever seen! When new, they were hard to start and warm up, and it never gets better. Also if you do actually need to remove the carbs, this is a tough machine to do it to. Remove the airbox and battery , use a heat gun to soften the boots from the air cleaner, and be patient. All the best, they are great bikes when they actually warm up!

Comment

Hey howdy hey!

To Mr. Beauetienne and Mr. shotblaster,

Let it be known that on this day both of you are cordially and formally welcomed to the GSR Forum as Junior Members with all the rights and privileges thereof. (Hey, that's the first time I've every used a double-barreled welcome.) :-D

Thanks to both of you for joining us. We look forward to adding your consciousness to the collective. You will be assimilated! :-D

This is a great bunch of motorcyclists and they are teaching me to be a better motorcycle mechanic and a better motorcycle rider.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
          (The unofficial GSR greeter)

Comment

Working...
          X