where to buy jet kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where to buy jet kit?

i was going to use old bike barn but someone here told me they suck.

I use mawonline
    I found them selling on Ebay.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

I just read your other thread. Seems like jet's are all you're after. Try dennis kirk
      Last edited by chef1366; 09-25-2007, 01:46 PM.
      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.

Comment

www.bikebandit.com can get you mikuni jets as well and they are usually 9$ = 11$ per set.

Or if you need them "right now" go to your local bike shop that still will work on old bikes and ask them who their local supplier is. Our local Honda shop gets em from a guy that repairs snowmobiles on the side...

Comment

thanks everybody!

Comment

When I did the re-jet on my carbs, I just went to suzuki and asked to poke around for jets... The main jets are usuallu only a dollar, pilot jets are 5 or 6 bucks (didn't need a different pilot jet).

Wow. I just saved sixty bucks over a pre-packaged jet kit full of a bunch of crap I'll never use.:-D

It's time consuming and tedious swapping jets until you get it right, but once it's done, it's all worth it. The pilot screw is ditectly affected by idle speed, so adjust each one slowly. The main jet is only one factor of fuel mixture... many Mikuni carbs have adjustable slide needles. This will help get rid of that 1/3 throttle flat spot. Main jet takes care of everything above that. Have fun!

Comment

That "bunch of crap" Dynojet kit is one of the best investments I've ever made.:-D

Comment

Working...
              X