Rear shock question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear shock question

Anyone know of the compatibility in mounting a Honda or Yammie shock on a GS? They look pretty similar in set up. I have a buddy who's got a set of Honda CB750 shocks he's willing to get rid of and was just wondering if they'd work. They're the exact length i was looking for so i hope so..

thanks!

TCK

The things to watch for include: (but aren't necessarily limited to)

Correct length

Correct mounting configuration (eye/eye vs eye/clevis)

Correct spring strength

Correct damping

You mention that the length is good. Apparently the mount types are good, too. Since both bikes in question are 750s, the springs won't be too far off. Damping would be the only question. Yours are aparently shot, else you would not be looking to replace them. What's to say that his are any better? Depending on the age and mileage on the shocks, they might not be any better than what you have on your bike now. 8-[

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Well actually the guy i bought the bike off of chopped the shocks to slam it. It's a neat look, and the rest of the bike was a good base for a cafe, but its slammed far to low and beats the crap out of your arse grapes, and i gotta get it back up a couple inches to get my H2 seat on it without rubbin the tire, and to save my bum lol. Hondas are eye to clevis, the zuks have the frame stud. but i was wondering how close in diameter the eyes were going to be..thanks steve!

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
        Well actually the guy i bought the bike off of chopped the shocks to slam it. It's a neat look, and the rest of the bike was a good base for a cafe, but its slammed far to low and beats the crap out of your arse grapes, and i gotta get it back up a couple inches to get my H2 seat on it without rubbin the tire, and to save my bum lol. Hondas are eye to clevis, the zuks have the frame stud. but i was wondering how close in diameter the eyes were going to be..thanks steve!
        Got any pics of your setup? Sounds interesting

As for shocks I just put a pair of sportster shocks on mine. I pretty much by anything eye-2-eye as you can always change out the metal barrel.

Comment

Working...
        X