what rearsets will fit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what rearsets will fit?

i have an 81gs450 "L". i want to cafe it and need the pegs and shifter/brake pedal from i believe the "S" or "E" model to bring my feet back. if i use the stock pegs on the "L" my elbows will be hitting my knees and the psoition will be off. what years will fit? from looking through the gallery here it looks as if the S and E models have a big plate with new bolt and passenger peg locations and also it looks as if the frame changed in 83 so i'm looking to the experts here that will tell me what years will bolt up without me having to do some trial and error buying. thanks.

Check out Omar's dirt track racing. Raask makes rearsets for just about everything. Not sure about the 450 but they have rear sets list about as long as this forum. I think i only saw a couple bikes from a couple makes that didnt have rearsets available. Supposedly, they are *near* bolt up design, and include tips from other customers for mounting advice should they not be perfect.

Actually...here's the direct link to the page...click on the bike you're looking for, and it looks as if they make em for the 450...

Ton Up!

TCK

Comment

thanks for the heads up but i'm not looking to spend that much money. send me some pics of your cafe's though!

Comment

I will gladly as soon as i can get them off my damn camera, i cant find the cord. Im disorganized as hell sometimes.heh. I have a link to another forum i hang out in that has a guy that made rearsets for his bike for about 45 bucks. They're parts from bmx's so i dont know how reliable/safe they really are. I rather thought that was a pretty good price for good rearsets tho. Keep in mind, whatever you do, that its gonna have to be damn sturdy, as its probably only going to have a one point bolt. Id hate to see you eat road cos one of your rearsets snapped on ya. lemme know if you would like that link and ill hook ya up!

TCK

Comment

Working...
        X