Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need some suggestions...

77 GS750B

I've noticed i have a fair amount of white/gray/black (but not oil smoke, it's too light and wispy and doesnt smell of burning oil, smells almost like cordite from a fired weapon) when i blip the throttle at idle. I cant tell if it does it while riding, but i am assuming so. I am guessing that this is unburned fuel and i am rich. Ive pulled plugs and noticed the 2 and 3 cylinder's plugs are wet with gas. Also when I shut the bike off a bit of smoke seems to seap out of the end of my meg on my V&H for more than a few seconds. Am I correct in my assumtion? If not what would you suggest? Thanks guys and gals!!

TCK

I suggest you give me a call some time, I can help you check it out. 8-[

You are not that far away, PM or e-mail me and we can set it up.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Steve PM sent sir!!

Thanks!!

Comment

2&3

they share the same coil. Can you reach down and feel your pipes (be careful) when it's running? You can tell what cylinders are hot and what ones aren't as hot. That will help you trouble shoot the problem.
        There is nothing more dangerous than governing in the name of a theory.---Edmund Burke

Comment

Have you done anything to your bike prior to this symptom?
          I rejetted my GS550ES to compensate for a Vance and Hines Pipe and moved up to 107.5 on my mains and upped my pilot jets from 37.5 mm to 40 mm. The 40's are too fat and ran the engine rich. I changed back to 37.5 non-emulsion type pilots and the problem is cured. I had the smoke coming out of my pipe while trying to start and after turning the key off too. I thing your rich as you state. Good Luck

Comment

Have you done anything to your bike prior to this symptom?
            I rejetted my GS550ES to compensate for a Vance and Hines Pipe and moved up to 107.5 on my mains and upped my pilot jets from 37.5 mm to 40 mm. The 40's are too fat and ran the engine rich at idle. I changed back to 37.5 non-emulsion type pilots and the problem is cured. I had the smoke coming out of my pipe while trying to start and after turning the key off too. I think your rich as you state. Good Luck

Comment

Working...
            X