Speedo Wiring Connection To Main Loom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speedo Wiring Connection To Main Loom

Hi people. Hoping someone can help me. I have a '77 GS550B model that it would appear has had the speedo and tacho cluster fitted from another model (this cluster does not have the gear indicator as part of it) There is no SUZUKI emblem on the clocks themselves (it has nippon seiki stamped low on the faces). Anyway my problem is that the previous owner cut the wiring and soldered all the wires from the speedo loom directly into the wires of the main loom. I have purchased a speedo cluster from a '80 GS850G model and plan to fit it in place. I need to know where the connectors hook up as mine is solid wired.
    1. Does the gear indicator 5 pin female plug from the speedo fit directly into the male plug from the gear indicator switch from the transmission? That would be roughly above or just behind the carburetors. Or is there other wiring in between?
    2. The other wiring loom which comes from the speedo cluster (much shorter than the gear indicator one) has a 6 pin female plug (including orange colored conductor). Where does this plug connect to the main loom? Is it under the tank where all my soldered wires are at present or is it in the headlight shell or somewhere else?
    3. How difficult is it to connect the current wiring into a new male plug? I have a spare male plug on some other wiring I think. Can anyone explain how it is best done if it is possible.

Cheers.

Don

Get a wiring diagram. The only other way is trial and error which I don't recommend.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Hi Chef. I have plenty of wiring diagrams, but I need to know where the plugs are physically on the bike. Under tank or in headlight or whatever.

Cheers

Don

Comment

Those plugs were in the headlight bucket.
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

OK. Thanx Chef. I'll splice the wires into there then and fit another plug if I can't find a used wiring loom to replace mine.

Cheers

Don

Comment

Working...
          X