Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Temporary Gas Reservoir??

Hey guys,

I have the tank off my 81 GS550L but still want to do some work that requires the bike running. Does anyone have any ideas for a temporary gas reservoir for the bike?

Get a small tank from a lawn mower and a length of gas line. Hang the tank from your handlebars with a length of wire. 8)
    Kevin
    E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
    "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
    Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

At the recomendation of some members i purchased an oil measuring funnel at discount auto parts and am looking to adapt the proper sized fuel line to it. It has a top that closes on it. And it comes with about 1 foot of clear tubing also

Comment

I'm using a fuel tank from a weed wacker. Really convenient size.

Comment

A yamaha carb cleaner bottle, you're probably working on the carbs if you've got the tank off anyway

Comment

I use an old lawnmower tank. The plastic kind. You should be able to find an old junk lawnmower somewhere. The tank has a nipple on it so it's easy too.

Terry

Comment

I just took the tank and put it on a table next to the bike, and hooked a longer fuel hose to it. Just make sure to turn the petcock to prime.

Comment

Working...
              X