what are these wires for

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what are these wires for

i would like to thank this forum for my first problem solved.
    i did not know you had to pull the clutch to start a suzuki.i was dumbfounded as to why it would not make even a click when trying to start
    now to my second problem...i found these two wires disconnected.and was wondering what they are for.one is yellow the other is black and grey (or white)
    they run under the tank .over top of the airbox..sorry for the to close up pics (blurry)
    oh its a 1982 gs 750T

thanks in advance...Neil
    Last edited by Guest; 10-03-2007, 06:11 AM. Reason: add on

wires

Fuel guage?

Comment

Last edited by Guest; 10-03-2007, 06:10 AM. Reason: was hoping this was a better pic

Comment

Yup looks like fuel gauge to me also...

Comment

hmm i happen to have the same suspicious wires on my 550. I was told when i bought it that the fuel gauge had been disconnected so that makes sense.

is there a reason they get disconnected?

Comment

Yep, you need to disconect them to get the tank off.

Suzuki mad.

Comment

great...thank you all
              Neil

Comment

If you look on the loom near the headstock/tripple tree's (GS1000E) or back where the air box starts (GS(X)1100E) you should find the other parts. One is black the other yellow and black.

Suzuki mad.

Comment

If the fuel guage wires are the same color as mine they are connected on the left side of those pics.
                  1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                  1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
                    If the fuel guage wires are the same color as mine they are connected on the left side of those pics.
                    Yea same for me, the connectors are near the tank pad underneath and they will be the same color as the leads you have off the sending unit.

Comment

Working...
                    X